Monday, May 08, 2006

Whew!

Whew! Am I finally sitting down? These past few weeks have been nuts, and I'm ready for school to get out. Only 13 more days!!!!

Let's start with the bad news in my life- Last Tuesday, we put my precious dog, Mack, down due to health problems. He was an 11 year old Yellow Lab that I will miss very much. He was a great dog and you can't ask for more than that. At least he went fast.

The good news- I just saved a bunch of money of my car insurance by switching to GEICO! Just kidding! I still do have great news though. Last Tuesday I went to my flight school and picked up my CBI kit, as well as met my instructor. I also met a very important piece of equiptment that will be with me through my training. It's name is N9710A.




10A is a 2006 Cessna 172SP Skyhawk NAV III. Yes, that means is Garmin G1000 equippted. I can't wait to start training on this aircraft, and feel pretty lucky that I get to do it on this aircraft. My first flight was scheduled for last Friday, but due to those horrible clouds, we cancelled. My first flight is now Tomorrow, Tuesday the 9th, at 1700 Local. Let's just say school tomorrow might seem to string out a bit while I sit there and dream about getting to meet 10A again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

CONGRATS Ross !!!

Good luck on lesson 1 with the glass panel 10A. Looking forward to reading your blog with all the updates!

I'm finishing up my last night flight this week, then some final ground school oral test prep and a mock checkride.......followed by the CHECKRIDE!!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home